The Quick Facts
Location5200 Pennsylvania Ave. Kansas City, MO 64112
The Loose Park Garden Center was built in 1957 for meetings and horticultural exhibitions of various kinds. The Garden Center, located in Loose Park, has two large meeting rooms with small kitchens attached to the meeting rooms. The Garden Center has a horticultural library open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Information about the Laura Conyers Smith Rose Garden.
Meeting Room Rental Fees
Horticulture groups (2 hours): $25
Non-horticulture groups (2 hours): $50
Plus one-time janitor fee: $30
Garden Center Rental Hours
Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
An additional $30 per 2-hour overtime fee will be charged for time after 5 p.m.
Friday-Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Seven hours, including set up and breakdown time. Additional time over the first seven hours will be billed as overtime.
The Garden Center must have a minimum of 48-hours notification of a cancellation or a $25 fine will be assessed. After failure to notify the center of a cancellation twice, all further reservations may be cancelled.
The Garden Center issues all permits for Loose Park rentals, including rose garden rental, the pavilion (shelter) permits, and lake area rentals. Please call the Garden Center at 816-513-8590, if you are interested in planning an event in Loose Park.
Runs and Walks
Runs and walks are not allowed in Loose Park, due to scheduling conflicts. Please call 816-513-8590, if you have questions
Gardeners Connect (formerly Garden Center Association)
Founded in 1958, Gardeners Connect’s mission has been to promote and encourage among citizens of the greater Kansas City area an interest in horticulture and related gardening activities through education and information. More about Gardeners Connect.
Reservations for the current year began the first business day of March at 8 a.m. in the Garden Center. For your convenience, you can reserve the shelter online, come in, or call 816-513-8590. The shelter fee is $110 for full days only, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Requests for reservation of shelters will be held 14 days for payment of fees. Non payment of fees will cancel the request for reservation.
- Approved methods of payment Check or Money Order payable to BOARD OF PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSIONERS.
- Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to reserved date for possible refund. Request for refund must be made in writing to: 5200 Pennsylvania Ave.
- A $20 processing fee will be withheld for all cancellations.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR REASONS OF INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Sales of any kind are prohibited on park property. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on public property. Ordinance 39,390 (Sec.26.25).
- Reserving parties will be held responsible for the destruction of property. All signs or banners erected relating to this event must be removed.
- Although every effort will be made to maintain utilities and shelters, service is not guaranteed when vandalism occurs.
- Please help us keep our parks clean: Place all refuse in the containers provided.
- Keep all motorized vehicles off the grass. Use driveways as provided. If no driveway is provided, no passage permitted.
- No inflatable toys allowed. No playing ball in mall area.
- Due to the Loose Trust for the park, Food Trucks are not allowed in Loose Park. Groups renting the shelter may not hire food trucks for their event.